Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Carpinteria, California

From time to time, I live in Carpinteria, California.  Located close to Santa Barbara and UCSB, this beach town is a special place offering a combination of ocean access, hiking, scenic views, temperate weather and a small town sensibility (and two Starbucks).   An 80 minute drive from Westwood, this town is great for relaxing and exercising.   When in LA,  I rarely travel to the Venice Beach or the Santa Monica Beach.  While in Carpinteria, I go to the beach every day.  I have even gone jogging for three straight days.  In LA that's unlike to be the case.   When I was a kid, we would vacation on Fire Island along the Atlantic Ocean.  With the bright sunshine and blue skies, the Pacific Ocean just looks better than the Atlantic.

No comments :