Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Random Thoughts

I have now spent one day in Tel Aviv and soon will fly to Shanghai.  When I am in China, this blog will not be updated because I won't be able to access it.  When I return to LA in late July, these entries will start up again.  Tel Aviv is a modern beach city. It feels like a slightly more humid Los Angeles.   Most people here are well tanned and look physically fit.

Yesterday I was in Istanbul and gave a lecture to somewhere between 500 and 1000 people.  This was a great opportunity to talk about cities and adapting to climate change. I have the feeling that I was the only University of Chicago economist in the room.   I tried my best to say some smart stuff.  In a recent post, I linked to my slides.  For reasons I don't understand, the conference organizers didn't bother to videotape my talk. I would have paid for them to have done so.   Maybe they anticipated that it would be a low quality talk?




1 comment :

olivia roy said...

Make your Rakhi more memorable with this lovely Rakhi gift through different websites. Send Rakhi to USA which is perfect for your dear brother/sister. It creates a lifelong impression.