Thursday, August 16, 2012

Naming "Green" Architects in LA

I like to see examples of successful UCLA graduates who are embracing "sustainability issues" in their professional work.  I was just sent the following email about Beth Holden (a UCLA grad).


Hi there,

We'd love to introduce you to New Theme Inc., an architecture, design and and build firm headed by Beth Holden and partner Wolfgang Melian. Holden launched construction under New Theme in 2004 and has been hard at work developing and building some of the most interesting and eco-friendly residences, commercial building and retail spaces in Los Angeles. Her latest completed works are the Green Greenberg Green House in the Hollywood Hills ( slated to receive LEED Certification); the "Hayvenhurst Folie," which features a solar-powered eco "learning lab" structure on the property that generates enough electricity to light the structure and power a laptop and stereo for music; and Bow & Truss, a restaurant in North Hollywood has just opened in a repurposed auto repair shop in North Hollywood, CA.


Please visit New Theme's new website: www.newtheme.net.  

I clicked on the website and I liked what I saw.  UCLA has a few buildings that could benefit from hiring her firm!  The buildings and a number of the faculty need a make over.  

6 comments :

Joe Strahan said...

I think it's great that you're highlighting architects and construction firms that are using "green" technology in their practices. I was looking up Vinyl Siding New Jersey when I undertook the task of remodeling my house and I was pleasantly surprised to see that a few contractors in my area are environmentally conscious. Thirty percent energy efficiency from new siding alone!

Samual James said...

Due to Global warming effects many social communities are now raising a step to get eco friendly construction, I really appreciate your post for inspiring professionals of saving nature for next generation.
Reserve Studies

Architect Ireland said...

Hey..!

This is a really looking awesome. House Design Architects In Cork that you are amongst the best blogger I have read. Thanks for posting this informative article.

Thanks a Great work!!

Architect Ireland said...

Hey..

I love the my own house too. I have been looking for designs, about it and how I can capture some of Dublin Architects for my own space.

Thanks for this post!

Evan Marcus said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
Steering Rack

Clayton Withrell said...

while surfing around i found a blog which i felt quit amazing and want to share with u all. must check it out it has quite amazing things to check out...sky fall stripe suit