Thursday, September 29, 2011

Business Opportunities Created by Climate Change

Does the anticipation of doom and gloom create new opportunities for forward looking entrepreneurs?  In this piece, I argue that the answer is "yes".   Some of these folks will succeed and their new products will help us to adapt to the emerging threat of climate change.  In my public talks about my Climatopolis, I am always asked about the climate deniers and how they will adapt to climate change.  I challenge the critics here with the following counter-intuitive point.  The existence of Rick Perry and many other deniers actually creates a future market for the forward looking entrepreneurs.  When climate change's blows rev up, these "deniers" will be shocked and will be willing to pay a lot for products that will protect them. 

1 comment :

Ryan Wozniak said...

Unfortunately, protection from harsh climate change would be needed for those who cannot "pay a lot for products that will protect them."