Friday, February 04, 2011

A "Green" City?

Does the Upper East Side of Manhattan look very glamorous on this February morning?



I see garbage and snow and lots of each.

Tomorrow, I return to Los Angeles.  I will be speaking on monday at lunch about my Climatopolis book at the UCLA Institute of the Environment. I hope to see you there.

Today was a "home coming" for me. After a ten year absence, I returned to Columbia's Economics Department. Some things have changed and some things have remained the same. I chatted with some friends on the faculty and was given a tour of all of the changes to the offices and their physical space. I was even showed the new faculty lounge. Now, that's social capital!  I believe that UCLA should have a faculty lounge. Perhaps Murphy Hall could be converted and used for this purpose?

1 comment :

kakon said...

This article has great reference value, thank you very much for sharing, I would like to reproduced your article, so that more people would see it.Kesha Tickets