Thursday, November 13, 2008

People Magazine for Economists

I used to subscribe to Econometrica and People Magazine. I dropped my subscription to the first one; not enough pictures. I have noticed that economists are under-represented in People Magazine. Jeff Sachs is sometimes there but not often enough. The world certainly needs a glossy magazine with nice color photos of economists. I thought about creating my own. During this time of recession, I wanted to create new jobs. But then I found out that Columbia's Econ Department beat me to the punch . How many Jim Heckman photos can you find in this issue?

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Several UCLA people are now at Columbia.

Significant loss for Duke too - although there is also a UCLA contingent at Duke now.

Which makes me wonder - what's up at UCLA?

creditrepair said...

Pervasive economic gloom is the best reason for hoping that something important will come of this weekend’s meeting.

consumer credit repair,consumer credit help,consumer debt help,credit repair help,debt repair,my credit history,poor credit history,personal credit history,credit history repair,credit report history,find my credit score,calculate credit score.

myinvestorsplace said...

The Economist is a global weekly magazine written for those who share an uncommon interest in being well and broadly informed.

MyInvestorsPlace - trading, value, investing, forex, stock, market, technical, analysis, systems