Friday, June 06, 2008

Do 42 Year Old Academics Still Function?

I often ask myself, am I functioning? Am I doing anything that is interesting or important? 80% of the time my answer is "no" and 20% of the time, my answer is "maybe".

As I write this silly blog entry, I'm trying to write and revise several new papers. Ed Glaeser and I will soon release our study of the Urban Footprint. Lucas Davis and I are on the verge of having a really good paper.

On an unrelated note, I would like to inform other bloggers that if you want to raise your "hit count" then put the words "Britney Spears" in your blog entry title.


If I had to make the case, that I am functioning --- here is the evidence that I would present;

New NBER paper on Stress and social networks , Costa and Kahn (2008)

Geography of Green Products , Kahn and Vaughn (2008)

Walking the Walk, Kahn and Morris (2008)

Costa and Kahn, Princeton Press Book 2009

1 comment :

emily xyz said...

I bet you're doing more interesting and more valuable work than 90% of the jokers I watch all the time on CNBC, talking about how can we extend the BUsh tax cuts forever!

UCLA, huh? Wow! Congrats. I'm in AnnArbor for the last 3 years -- husband just got tenure. If you think your life is dull, try living in SE Michigan. Or you could just read my blog:

www.brilliantdetroitreporting.blogspot.com

Glad to see you're still on the grren team -- I htink you're time is at hand. best -- emily xyz