On October 10th 2005, somebody will win the Nobel Prize in economics. I hope my wife wins it this year. Excluding my immediate family, I'd like to take a look at the possibility set. I apologize if I excluded you from this elite list.
1. Nobel prize in environmental economics to Weitzman, Nordhaus
2. Nobel prize in trade theory to Bhagwatti and Dixit
3. Nobel prize in President Bush praising to Krugman and David Brooks
4. Nobel prize in behavioral stuff to Richard Thaler
5. Nobel prize in contracts to Hart, Holmstrom, and Oliver Williamson
6. Nobel prize in development economics to Dasgupta and Deaton
7. Nobel prize in finance to Fama
8. Nobel Price in mechanism design to Milgrom, Myerson and Maskin
9. Nobel prize in family economics to Mincer and Pollak
10. Prize in Political Economy to Alesina, Persson and Tabellini
11. Prize in Modern Macro to Barro and Sargent
Since last year's prize went to macro guys, I don't see how this field can be recognized again so soon. Personally my favorites in this list are 1,9,2.